Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Doe in the Morning Shower

Her leaves exhale springtime
And inhale my breath
Her height shades my eyes
From the fiery shimmer above
Dew drops lay peacefully on the thirsty grass
Clouds like blobs of down
Absorbing moisture
The sun begins to fade
The air smells like shade, Earth, and river
Down clouds stretch over the mountains
And become as black as precious coal
Thunder rolls like drums in Heaven
Sky tears almost fall, but not yet
I am still warm from the sun's glitter
A relief of rain across the region
The rivers of Appalachia rise
Her plants drink up
Animals run for cover
Fish kiss the ripples above
Necks of flowers bend
But the pressure soon ends
The land is wet
Sunlight pierces through the coat of black
The aroma from earlier cooks in the sun
Sautéed goodness
My mouth waters as I contemplate lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment